9th January 2020 - Due to the latest Covid-19 statistics in Lambeth and how unknown the new strain of the virus we have made the hard decision to not meet physically for the time being. We will instead be streaming the service on Facebook live at 11am.
As you will be aware the country has entered another national lockdown. This means that almost all our usual activities, some of which we have restarted, have now stopped. However, unlike in the previous lockdown Churches are still legally able to open for church services.
You can attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. You should maintain strict social distancing at all times. - National Lockdown Guidance, Cabinet Office, 5th January 2020.
Because of this, the leaders of Hope Church Vauxhall have made the decision to continue to hold our church services at 9:30 and 11:15am. We believe that we can do this in a COVID-secure way, keeping those who come safe for the duration of their time in the building.
Some of the measures we are continuing to take to make the service as safe as possible are:
- Two services instead of one to ensure we can meet and socially distance
- Seats spaced in household groups, 2 metres apart
- Hands sanitisers at every entrance and exit point
- Everyone will be wearing masks (apart from children and those who are exempt)
- Stewards to assist with queuing and seating everyone in a safe way
- Protective screens being used where necessary (preacher, leaders and singers)
There are some things that we are not able to do at this time, including…
- No congregational singing (Songs are sung from the front and behind protective screens)
- No groups for children
- No refreshments or lunch
If you have any concerns, or would like to ask any questions please feel free to contact Sam on email@example.com or call us on 02075 822 618. You can also have a look at our full risk assessment.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Sam Gibb Pastor – Hope Church Vauxhall
02075 822 618 firstname.lastname@example.org www.hopevauxhall.co.uk